The KEYS to escape provide readers with six key Scripture-based insights into the inner-working power of the Holy Spirit to deliver believers from lusts of the flesh.
THE SIX KEYS TO ESCAPE
- KEY VERSE: God has promised that there is a way of escape from every temptation (I Corinthians 10:13). Appealing to a second promise of Scripture, in the Way of Escape Battle Plan, the Holy Spirit is charged with leading the escape (Galatians 5:16).
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).
- KEY REGULARITY: The active pursuit of regular relationship intimacy with the Holy Spirit is the key to unleashing His inner-working power (Ephesians 3:20) and winning the war against the flesh. Drop the passivity!
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us (Ephesians 3:20)
- KEY IMPOSSIBILITY: It is impossible for the choked-up and teary-eyed to fulfill the lust of the flesh, while the Holy Spirit is tugging on their heart (Galatians 5:16). A filling of the Spirit and a lust of the flesh can never occur at the same time.
- KEY INSIGHT: The singing of spiritual songs is one way in which God, via the Spirit, has chosen to intimately connect with His children (Ephesians 5:18b-19). Believer/viewers of these “symphonies of praise” experience the same intimacy. Neurologically speaking, these “symphonies of praise” are also supplying the believer/viewer’s limbic system with the spiritual content that it needs to reprogram his brain.
... be filled with the Spirit, Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord (Ephesians 5:18b-19)
- KEY CONNECT-THE-VERSES FLOWCHART:
- KEY SIMPLIFICATION: I become addicted to porn by repeatedly immersing myself in porn. I become addicted to the Spirit (and rid myself of porn) by repeatedly immersing myself in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16).
A GAME-CHANGING BOOK HAS ARRIVED
In A Way of Escape, readers learn how to step up the degree to which they “walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16). They learn how to build a library of Spirit-anointed, flesh-diffusing apps. Apps that are uniquely fitted to them, and their unique Spirit-filling triggers (Ephesians 5:18b-19).
The still-struggling now have another option. The still-struggling now have fresh hope for discovering that long-sought-after way of escape from sin and temptation (I Corinthians 10:13). A way that—because it is wholly Spirit-powered—does not require enlisting the aid of an accountability partner or group. Truly, a game-changer!