Those claiming that accountability is the only way of escape openly acknowledge that accountability-based escape from a porn/sex addiction may be the hardest thing that an addict will ever do in his life.
THE HARDEST THING
Hear what Christian authors and purity program developers are saying about the challenges of accountability-based escape. Honest assessments of its difficulty from leaders in the field. Applauding these five for their transparency, when some might even have reason to sugarcoat:
1) It may be the most challenging thing you’ve undertaken in your life ... 
2) Sure, fighting back will be hard. It was for us. When we began our fight, we fully expected to take a beating at first, and we did .
3) ... the hardest thing I’ve ever done... It’s torture! ... you’ll be caught in a tidal wave of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual pain .
4) You’re going to have to put your big boy pants on ... This is going to challenge you as a man more than anything you’ve ever done in your life .
5) ... this type of internal transformation requires work. More work than most people are used to ... It’s hard work ... God will honor your hard work .
I am not in possession of a single book or purity program that uses any form of the words “easy” and “accountability-based escape” in the same paragraph. Some are silent on the matter. But each that chooses to comment always speaks of its extreme difficulty.
STARVING THE FLESH vs. FEEDING THE SPIRIT
Starving the flesh. Feeding the Spirit. Both approaches have successfully freed believers from their addictions. But might one approach be preferred over the other?
The honest assessments provided by leaders in the field leave no doubt: Accountability-based escape (= partner/group-aided starving of the flesh) from a porn/sex addiction is extremely difficult. On the other hand, escape in the Way of Escape Battle Plan is accomplished by repeatedly popping a DVD into a DVD player and drowning oneself in the Holy Spirit. Easy-Peasy!
It is always easier to “Feed the Spirit” than to “Starve the Flesh.” Much, much easier.
A GAME-CHANGING BOOK HAS ARRIVED
In A Way of Escape, readers learn how feeding the Spirit results in a much-easier-to-successfully-navigate Escape Route. Readers learn how to work smarter (not harder) by stepping up the degree to which they “walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16). They learn how to build a library of Spirit-anointed, flesh-diffusing apps. Apps that are uniquely fitted to them, and their unique Spirit-filling triggers (Ephesians 5:18b-19).
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).
The still-struggling now have another option. The still-struggling now have fresh hope for discovering that long-sought-after way of escape from sin and temptation (I Corinthians 10:13). A way that—because it is wholly Spirit-powered—does not require enlisting the aid of an accountability partner or group. Truly, a game-changer!
THANK YOU, HOLY SPIRIT!
1. Gross, C., and S. Luff, Pure Eyes: A Man’s Guide to Sexual Integrity, First Printing, Baker Books, Grand Rapids, MI, page 114, 2010
2. Arterburn, S. and F. Stoeker, Every Man’s Battle, First Edition, Waterbrook Press, New York, NY, page 84, 2002
3. Ferree, M., No Stones: Women Redeemed from Sexual Addiction, Second Edition, IVP Books, Downers Grove, IL, page 169, 2010
4. Roberts, T., Conquer Series: The Battle Plan for Purity (12-disc DVD set), Vol 1, Disc 2, Track 6 - Hardest Thing You’ll Do, KingdomWorks Studios, Stuart, FL, 2017
5. Weiss, D., Clean: A Proven Plan for Men Committed to Sexual Integrity, First Printing, Thomas Nelson, Nashville, TN, pages xvi and xviii, 2013